Your alternator is a critical component under your hood, and can quickly leave you with a dead car. If you need alternator repair or replacement in Henderson, NV, call Master Tech Automotive & Cycle Repair at 702-641-9389.
Signs Your Alternator Is Bad
Your car’s alternator is part of the electrical system, along with the battery and starter. If you’re having trouble starting your car, it could indicate a problem with any of these components. To make matters worse, a problem with your alternator can end up damaging your battery and other components. It’s best to have electrical problems inspected as soon as possible to avoid further damage and inconvenience. A complete diagnostics test will help our mechanics pinpoint the problem. However, you can also watch for common warning signs of a bad alternator:
- Belt Tension – In order for the alternator to work properly, the belt tension must be correct. Make sure it’s not loose or off completely
- Burning Smell – If you smell burning rubber or wires, pull over and check under the hood!
- Dead Battery – When the alternator fails, you battery will pick up the slack, which can cause it to die before its lifespan is up
- Malfunctioning Accessories – Dim or especially bright headlights, radio trouble, non-functioning heated seats, and more can indicate a bad alternator
- Unusual Noises – If you notice any of these problems as well as growling or whining from your engine, it might be the signs of a dying alternator
- Warning Light – Usually looks like a battery, while some cars use “ALT” or “GEN”
Don’t Get Stranded!
If you notice one or more of these problems, you may very well need alternator repair or replacement. Bring your car into Master Tech Automotive & Cycle Repair today before you get stranded with a dead car! Our ASE-certified auto technicians will carefully diagnose your car to find the exact problem. If you do have a bad alternator, we can quickly repair or replace it and get you back on the road.
For reliable repairs at reasonable prices, call Master Tech Automotive & Cycle Repair at 702-641-9389.